Aloha! My name is Mauri (rhymes with “sorry”), and my goal in life is to reach 5 ft. in height…okay…maybe that’s not my only goal in life, but it’s up there in my list of goals!
Professionally: My main goal is to become an educator. I graduated with my B.A. in ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi (Hawaiian Language), and I am planning on continuing my educational journey towards a degree in Education.
Personally: My main goal is to find peace and happiness within myself. I have struggled for so long with feeling truly happy about myself and all of my accomplishments. I tend to see myself in a negative viewpoint, and my goal is to find and appreciate all the good, even if it may seem miniscule.
Some Tidbits About Me
- I have been dancing hula for 20 years
- Instruments I can play – ʻukulele, flute, piccolo, ʻohe hano ihu (nose flute), mallets
- Avid French fries, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and Trader Joe’s Sweet Sriracha Uncured Bacon Jerky lover!
- I’m a closet “in the shower” singer
- I’m a sucker for anything Disney, Pixar, Pentatonix, or musical-related