OH MY GOODNESS! I am completely flabbergasted right now! I’ve been nominated for the “Discover New Blogs” Liebster Award!! 🙂 This is my first award nomination, and although I haven’t been blogging for that long, it is such a complete honor to be nominated & just knowing that what I’m writing is being liked by people!
MAHALO Ā NUI to Angela Rainbow for nominating me!! She’s such a lovely person, and her blog is absolutely adorable! I especially love her posts about dogs, and I would love to try some of her recipes that she has been sharing someday! If you have the chance, please check out her blog and give her a follow!
And now, here’s the fun part – the nomination requirements!
HERE ARE THE RULES FOR ACCEPTING THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog
- Display and link the award on your blog
- Answer the questions given to you
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated
Before I get into the questions, I guess I’ll talk about why I’m passionate about blog posting. For those who have been either reading my blog posts or my tweets, you know that I want to be honest in my writing and about myself, and I also want to be able to touch someone’s heart with the words I write. Even though my blogging journey is still in its beginning, it’s so nice being able to talk with people and having them really enjoy and reflect upon what I have been writing about, and that in itself inspires me to continue to do what I have been doing 🙂
And now, it’s time to answer some questions!
ELEVEN QUESTIONS FOR ME:
What made you start blogging?
- For a while, I had actually considered starting up a YouTube channel, but after observing some of my friends who have their own channels and realizing just how awkward of a person I am in front of a camera, I opted for a blog instead. Part of my decision to actually make a site was purely spur-of-the-moment, and another part was because I just felt so alone at that moment in time. My main reason, though, was to be honest about myself and to hopefully touch at least one person’s life with the words I write.
If you can choose to own one fictional gadget/tool, what is it and why?
- I think I would either choose Fix-It Felix’s hammer from Wreck It Ralph, or I would choose Toodles from the Disney Junior show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. If I had Fix-It Felix’s hammer, I would tinker with it so that it can also fix internal issues as well as just physical problems. However, if I had Toodles, then at least the indecisive person in me will have no difficulties when choosing what I need to use (since Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is a children’s show anyways and the options need to be easy enough for children to be able to choose the correct option).
Name the strangest animal/living creature that you have seen.
- Two words – Yawning. Pelicans. See for yourself here
Can you live without the Internet for a week?
- I feel like a part of me couldn’t considering most of the music I listen to are from YouTube videos, but I think that maybe I could be able to. Besides, it would only be a week! A week isn’t that long, plus there’s so much for me to do outside of the Internet.
If you can fully learn one new language/skills today, what do you want to learn?
- This is definitely a tough one because there are so many languages and skills I wish I were good at! Hmm…I think I would love to have the skill to speak and understand all languages! 🙂 (Does this count? Did I just beat the system??)
If you can change one thing in this world, what is it?
- I would love to take away all the hatred in the world.
What is the one housework you hate/love to do?
- I hate/love to clean my room! I hate it because I tend to be more on the messy side, but I love it because I enjoy having a clean room.
Which movie character do you want to be?
- I would love to be Matilda! I loved this character ever since I first read Roald Dahl’s Matilda in the fourth grade, and once I had discovered there was a movie made, I loved this character even more! Matilda is insanely intelligent for such a young age, plus she is able to move things with her mind! Definitely someone I had wanted to be for such a long time. If I can’t be Matilda, though, then I’ll take Peter Parker’s girlfriend if he ever gets one in future Spider-Man movies because Tom Holland is so handsome & I love him so much!
When you meet the creator God, what is the number one question you would ask?
- “Why did you need to take my best friend away from me so soon?” (This is definitely a story I’ll write about on here…possibly around Christmas time)
What was the most horrible/disgusting food you have ever eaten?
- Oh my goodness, I can already imagine the taste of this in my mouth because I had just eaten this not too long ago! I had gone to this restaurant with my dad, aunty, and cousin to celebrate my cousin’s birthday. When it came time for dessert, one of the gelato options was Spumoni. Now the Spumoni I was expecting was the combination of pistachio, chocolate, and cherry gelato. The Spumoni I received was rum ice cream with fruit that tasted like it came from fruit cake. A part of me wanted to cry, but I forced myself to eat at least half of the scoop just to be polite.
Tell us one thing you are passionate about?
- At the moment, I am extremely passionate about self love and taking care of yourself when you are not 100% okay. 2018 has been dedicated to self love in my life, especially after what I have been through between 2016-2017. You should always put yourself first and foremost in your life, especially when you feel you are physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually unwell. I was always the type of person who just disregarded my own emotions and feelings, so it feels great to finally be able to take care of myself for once in my life 🙂
I guess since I was given eleven questions, I’ll list eleven questions of my own!
ELEVEN QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- Why do you like to blog?
- If you could choose between being a cat or a dog, what would you choose and why?
- What advice would you give to your ten-year-old self?
- If you could change your name, would you? What would you change it to?
- What will finally “break the Internet”? (if it’s not already broken haha)
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What would a world populated by clones of you be like?
- What makes you smile?
- What is your least favorite word?
- Where is the most unusual place you’ve ever been to?
- What do you want to be remembered by?
And now, here’s the moment of truth! Here are my nominations for this award! I honestly have been enjoying reading posts from all the blogs who have been following me, so this was extremely difficult to choose some blogs to nominate! I hope you have fun answering the questions I have asked!
- My Blessing By Grace
- stoner on a rollercoaster
- A Creative PTSD Gal
- Eclipsed Words
- Empowered Everyday
Thank you to those who have been following my journey thus far! I’m looking forward to continuing this journey with you all!
Me ke aloha,